Environmental Programs Committee
- Typically 1:00 p.m. on the third Thursday of every other month; the Committee shall adopt a schedule of regular meetings each year
- 80 Fair Oaks Lane, Atherton, CA 94027 | Council Chambers
- Special meetings may be called by the committee chair
Agendas & Minutes
Atherton residents interested in becoming a member of the Environmental Programs Committee should email Rachael Londer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The current members of the Environmental Programs Committee are:
Term: 6/2023 - 6/2027
Term: 6/2022 - 6/2024
Term: 6/2022 - 6/2026
The City Manager's Department is assigned overall responsibility of the Environmental Programs Committee. The committee shall have the following powers and duties:
- Make recommendations (programmatic and legislative) to the City Council upon
request on all matters pertaining to the Town’s natural and built environment and the Town’s regional role and responsibilities as one of the communities on the San Francisco Bay Peninsula.
- Create pro-active community engagement programs for residents, commercial and public enterprises active within the Town’s jurisdiction for presentation to and consideration and approval by, the City Council.
Membership and Terms
A minimum of five members are appointed by and serve at the pleasure of the City Council. Members must be residents of the Town and generally serve terms of four years. No person shall be appointed to the Committee for more than two full consecutive terms. No compensation is awarded to members for their services.
The Committee shall annually select one of its members to act as a Chair and another to act as Vice Chair. The City Manager's Department serves as secretary to the Committee. One Member of the City Council (and an alternate) is appointed as a liaison to the Committee.
Interested in becoming a member of the Environmental Program Committee? You may fill out an online application for Town Committee or Commissions. You may also download the application (PDF) and drop it off at Town Hall. To fill out an application you can click on the application link, email Anthony Suber, or call 650-752-0500.