Home & Neighborhood Safety
- I am going on vacation. Should I notify the Police Department?
The Police Department performs house checks for residents.
- The Atherton Police were in my neighborhood the other day. How can I find out why?
The Police Department has a website to allow viewing of daily activity, crime statistics and more.
- I want my home alarm monitored directly by the Police Department. How do I go about doing this?
Instructions for connecting your alarm to the Police Department can be accessed below.
- Where can I report a mountain lion sighting?
The Department of Fish and Game handles Mountain Lion sightings.
- I recently found an iPod (or other item of monetary value) on the ground while out on a walk in my neighborhood. Should I turn it into the Police Department?
Items of this nature should be turned into the Atherton Police Department. Items found in other cities should be turned into the appropriate agency for that jurisdiction.