Day Use Permits required at Holbrook-Palmer Park
Did you know outdoor group gatherings at Holbrook-Palmer Park require a permit? Following are the fees for day use permits.
• 13 – 25 people - $75 day use permit fee for residents and $100 for non-residents
• 26 – 50 people - $150 day use permit fee for residents and $200 for non-residents
Rules o Hours: dusk until dawn
o Group size requirements - more than 12, less than 50 (groups of more than 50 are required to rent an available venue) o Day Use permits prohibit alcohol use.
Fine o The fine for failure to obtain the permit or breaking of the rules in the permit is $100.
Some of the areas in the park that might be reserved as Day Use areas (depending on planned use) and could be permitted include:
• The picnic table area in the North Meadow.• The picnic table area adjacent to the playground.
• The water tower lawn area.• The baseball field (off season).
• The Main House lawn area.• A section of the big turf area.
Some examples of acceptable uses of a Day Use Permit would include:
• Group picnics• Family gatherings
• School/corporate outings• Children’s parties
Large groups who show up without a permit to use the park will be asked to leave if their use and/or time of use will interfere with the day’s permitted activity. If the use and/or time of use will not conflict, the group will be required to obtain a permit.
If you have any questions you can contact Events Coordinator Julie Simonin or by calling 650-752-0534.