We highly encourage you to contact the Atherton Police Department prior to your vacation to let us know of your absence, and to update our records should we need to contact you in an emergency.
To help protect the safety and security of your property while you are away, the Atherton Police Department encourages you to do the following prior to your departure:
1) Put your newspaper subscription(s) on hold while you are away
2) Stop your mail or have someone pick it up on a daily basis
3) Don’t have items delivered by UPS / FedEx / USPS or any other delivery service
during your absence
4) Keep some of your lights on timers
5) Use your alarm system, and have it serviced prior to your departure if you know it is
6) Make sure that anyone who will be staying at your home, or who will have access
to your home, knows how to use the alarm system and know how to contact you should
the need arise
7) Let your neighbors know that you will be away and that you are not expecting movers
By doing the above items, you will help us serve you better and you will be making your home less attractive to potential burglars and other criminal activity.
Feel free to contact us at 650-688-6500.