The San Mateo County Elections Division is looking for volunteers. There is a shortage of poll workers in Atherton for this Tuesday's election. Approximately ten (10) poll workers are needed to fill in at various polling places to help set up voting equipment and check voters in on Election Day.
Requirements to become a volunteer on election day:
• Must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents of the US
• Must be over the age of 18
• Have to speak, read and write English clearly
• It's a long day. Must be able to work from 6:00AM-9:30PM
• Have to attend a training at 40 Tower Road, San Mateo
You will receive two (2) one (1) hour breaks during the day and a $25 stipend for attending training, and $115 for serving on Election Day.
For more information contact Election Specialist Irene Avelar of the San Mateo County Elections Department at 650-286-2810.