Incident Date and Time: Tuesday, March 7th, 2023, at approximately 07:24pm
Type of Crime/Incident: Residential Burglary
Location: 100 block of Burns Avenue
Suspect Information: Possible suspect vehicle was a dark colored sedan
On March 7th, at approximately 07:24pm, a residential burglary occurred in the 100 block of Burns Avenue. The suspects gained entry via breaking a master bedroom sliding glass door. The residence had an active alarm with interior motion sensors. The alarm was triggered when the suspects entered the residence and this initiated an audible alarm, which caused the suspects to flee the residence.
This incident is under investigation and no other information is available at this time.
If you live around Burns Avenue, please check your surveillance video and report any possible leads to the Atherton Police Department at 650-688-6500.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Atherton Police Department at 650-688-6500.
- Keep all doors and windows locked, even when you are home.
- When you are not home, making it appear that someone is home by keeping lights on, installing light timers, leaving on the TV or a radio.
- Install exterior lighting.
- Do not keep valuables in your master bedroom as this area is a common target of burglars.
- Keep valuables well-hidden and consider using a safe bolted to the floor and/or wall.
- Keep valuables out of your car and lock your car doors.
- Install an alarm system and security cameras (strongly consider having your alarm system monitored for free by our PD Dispatch Center by calling 650-688-6500).
- Schedule a Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) review of your home by, one of our specially trained CPTED officers, by calling us at 650-688-6500.