Rethink Waste has launched its new website! The new design takes into account feedback from customers, the previous Board Members, and Board Adhoc Public Education Subcommittee. In addition to being easier to navigate and more visually appealing, the redesigned site includes many new innovative features, including interactive carts and map of the Shoreway Environmental Center, and a Home Diversion Calculator described in detail in the press release. The navigation menus across the top (Residents, Businesses, Shoreway Facility) provide program, services and facility information for customers. The navigation menus on the left hand side are geared toward information on the Authority and Board-related items. Below is a breakdown on these key sections.
• About Us – Includes history, mission, strategic priorities, etc., and subsections/pages on Office & Staff, Budgets and Annual Reports, Awards and Employment opportunities.
• Board of Directors – This is the key section for the Board. The subsections/pages are:
o Board Meetings & Agendas – Listing and links to 2013 Board meetings and packets. Prior year packets are on the Meeting Archive page.
o Board Members – Listing of current Board Members and contact information.
o Board Resources – Where JPA related documents and agreements can be accessed, including disposal, operations and processing agreements, JPA Agreement, San Carlos Agreement, etc.
o Board Portal – This is a secure page where such items as the Board Member Handbook and Resources Binder will be available electronically, draft documents, or other information as needed. Board Members will be provided the login information to access the Board Portal page once items are posted on it.
• Service Providers – Links to pages on Recology San Mateo County and South Bay Recycling. Each of the service provider page includes their respective monthly, quarterly and annual reports; and compensation applications. The Recology page includes all of the collection franchise agreements, and the SBR page has their facility operations agreement.
• News & Resources – Links to press releases, program brochures and outreach materials, the Rethinker newsletters, and other related items.
• RFPs/RFQs/Bids – Links to any current RFPs/RFQs/Bids, as well as archives.
There is a second “Board of Directors” link in the left navigation menu, this is a repeated link to access all of the Board pages detailed above for added convenience.
We have added an Events Calendar to post Compost Giveaway and Shred/E-Scrap Recycling events, along with other events as they occur. There is also a “Who do I contact?” menu item that takes provides key contact information for RethinkWaste, Recology, SBR, Shoreway, RecycleWorks, and other helpful contacts. The site also addresses who RethinkWaste is and its Member Agencies directly on the home page.
The SBWMA hopes that you’ll be pleased with the improvements and as you become familiar with the redesigned site, please let them know if there is any additional information or content needed.