On November 15, at approximately 7:39pm, APD officers responded to a residential alarm in the unit block of Reservoir Road. While checking the residence, officers located an open front door and a broken glass door.
This incident is still under investigation and no other information is available at this time.
If you live around Reservoir Road, please check your surveillance video and report any possible leads to the Atherton Police Department at 650-688-6500.
- Keep all doors and windows locked, even when you are home.
- When you are not home, making it appear that someone is home by keeping lights on, installing light timers, leaving on the TV or a radio.
- Install exterior lighting.
- Do not keep valuables in your master bedroom as this area is a common target of burglars.
- Keep valuables well-hidden and consider using a safe bolted to the floor and/or wall.
- Keep valuables out of your car and lock your car doors.
- Install an alarm system and security cameras (strongly consider having your alarm system monitored for free by our PD Dispatch Center by calling 650-688-6500).
- Schedule a Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) review of your home by, one of our specially trained CPTED officers, by calling us at 650-688-6500.