News Flash Home
The original item was published from 10/30/2016 5:15:34 PM to 11/14/2016 12:00:00 AM.
Posted on: October 30, 2016
[ARCHIVED] Residential Burglary in Atherton
A residential burglary occurred in the unit block of Reservoir Road between Monday, October 24, 2016 and Sunday, October 30, 2016. Two doors at the property were kicked in. One of the doors led to the house, while the other door led to the garage. Once inside of both the garage and the house, the suspect(s) opened numerous drawers and doors in search of valuable items. There currently is no loss amount, no itemized list of stolen items, no suspect information and no suspect vehicle description.
Here are a few reminders to help protect yourself from becoming the victim of a residential burglary:
1) Use your alarm system on a regular basis.
2) Keep exterior lights on during hours of darkness.
3) Keep interior lights on during hours of darkness when you are away from your home.
4) Notify the Atherton Police Department if you will be away from your home for vacation.
5) Notify the Atherton Police Department if you see anything out of the ordinary in your neighborhood.
6) Make sure to close and lock all doors and windows to your home and vehicles when you are away from them.
Please contact the Atherton Police Department at 650-688-6500 if you can provide any information on this burglary. If you need emergency assistance, please dial 9-1-1.