Safety on the July 4th Holiday
July 4th is the second-most-deadly holiday period of the year – just behind New Year’s – due to impaired driving.
Drunk driving is a serious crime. If you're caught we'll place you under arrest. No exceptions. No excuses.
Much of the tragedy that comes from impaired-driving related crashes could be prevented if everyone would take a few simple precautions before going out to party this Fourth of July.
Always follow these tips for a safer July 4th celebration:
• Whenever you plan on using alcohol, designate your sober driver before going out and give that person your keys;
• If you’re impaired, call a ride share, use mass transit or call a sober friend or family member to get you home safely;
• Promptly report drunk drivers you see on the roadways to law enforcement;
• Wearing your safety belt or using protective gear on your motorcycle is your best defense against an impaired driver;
• And remember, Friends Don’t Let Friends Drive Drunk. If you know someone who is about to drive or ride while impaired, take their keys and help them make other arrangements to get to where they are going safely.
Below is a link of events in San Mateo County
Burgess Park, Menlo Park
701 Laurel Street
Menlo Park, CA
4th of July Parade and Celebration - The annual parade starts at 11:45am on Santa Cruz Avenue and heads to Burgess Park. Enjoy music, carnival games, food and more! July 4th 11:45am - 2:30 p.m.
Frontier land Park, Pacifica
Pacifica, CA 94044
4th of July Celebration at Frontierland Park - Crafts, games, music and more! Rocket Run 5-Mile Run precedes event at Pacifica Community Center. July 4th, 10am - 4 p.m.
Leo Ryan Park
Foster City Fourth of July Celebration - Fireworks at 9:30pm, parade, games, musical entertainment, food, dog show, and more. July 4, 9am - 10 p.m.
Leo J. Ryan Park, 650 Shell Boulevard, Foster City, CA 94404. (650) 286-3380
Mitchell Park, Palo Alto
Summer Festival & Chili Cook-off - Taste an array of red-hot chili delicacies prepared by teams of chefs battling for the chili championship. Live music, dancing, children's activities, food vendors, and more! Free admission. July 4, 12pm - 5pm (Chili tasting starts at 1:30pm). Mitchell Park, 600 East Meadow Drive, Palo Alto, CA. (650) 463-4921
Seventy Five Years of Pageantry - Parade, food, arts, crafts, entertainment, bands and kids area. Parade starts at 10am, Festival starts at 9am. July 4th. 9am - 5 p.m.
Main St & Marshall St., Redwood City, CA 94063. (650) 365-1825
Be Safe and feel free to contact us at 650-688-6500.
Atherton Police Department
83 Ashfield Road, Atherton
"To Serve with Honor, Integrity and Professionalism"