This is an important message from the Atherton Police Department regarding a County Wide two-day curfew that will go into effect at 8:30PM, June 2nd, 2020.
In response to the current state of civil unrest in San Mateo County, the San Mateo County Director of Emergency Services has ordered a countywide curfew from the hours of 8:30pm to 5:00 am, from June 2 to June 4, 2020.
There are exceptions to the curfew, and those exceptions include:
- Peace officers, firefighters, emergency operations personnel, the National Guard or other military personnel deployed to the area;
- Individuals traveling to a home, workplace or the airport;
- Individuals traveling to obtain emergency medical care or to care for another individual in another household;
- Authorized members of a media organization;
- Individuals experiencing homelessness and without access to a viable shelter
- The curfew applies to the entire county, both the unincorporated areas and each of its cities. Cities can implement stricter curfew based on their local needs.
While we remain hopeful that the protests in San Mateo County will be peaceful, law enforcement officials are aware of specific threats of civil unrest, including plans to conduct coordinated looting, property damage, and other violent activities at various retail locations across the County beginning on the night of June 2, 2020.
Thank you for your cooperation, be well, and be safe.
For more information please go to the following links:
FAQ’s for San Mateo County Curfew
San Mateo County Proclamation and order of curfew: