Veterans Services Office
The County of San Mateo Veterans Services Office is partnering with VA Loans of California to offer a free informational webinar on VA Home Loans.
VA Home loans have done away with limits that have rendered their use in high-priced markets like the Bay Area virtually useless, but an unfortunate side-effect is that many veterans in our area are still not aware of the benefits of VA Home loans.
Some of these benefits include;
• VA loans offer better terms and interest rates than most other home loans.
• 100% financing — typically, there is no down payment required for a VA loan, as long as the purchase sales price of the home does not exceed the appraised value of the home.
• There is no need for private mortgage insurance (PMI) or mortgage insurance premium (MIP). PMI is designed to protect a lender when the down payment for a home is less than 20% of the mortgage amount and MIP Federal Housing Administration (FHA) requires to self-insure your loan against potential loss.
• There is no penalty for paying off the loan early.
• Funding Fees are waived if you are Service-Connected at 10% or more.
You can also use a VA Home Loan to re-finance an existing loan.
Join a free informational webinar on February 2nd at 6:00 pm pst with VA Home loans expert Andrew Vierra who will provide an overview of the program followed by an opportunity for Questions and Answers.