Atherton Code Enforcement
Code Enforcement is one of the many functions performed by the Atherton Police Department.
Code Enforcement strives to achieve voluntary compliance by educating the public on the codes in the Atherton Municipal Code - click here. Although the majority of issues are resolved through this method, Code Enforcement also employs a variety of enforcement tools to facilitate compliance. The list below are common issues that begin as Code Enforcement.
• Animal Issues (dogs off leash, nuisance barking, unsanitary conditions, etc.)
• Zoning and Land Use Issues (home occupations, set-backs, fences, etc.)
• Health and Safety (trash accumulations, debris, pest and vector issues, etc.)
• Construction Regulations (building permits, start times, parking, noise, etc.)
• Encroachments (permits, items in right-of-way, etc.)
• Landscape Issues (heritage tree trimming and damage, maintenance, permits, etc.)
• Public Nuisances (unmaintained/abandoned properties, trash cans, noise issues, graffiti, etc.)
To learn more about Code Enforcement click here or to contact Code Enforcement Officer, Lisa-Marie Daley