The Housing Element typically includes:
1. Housing Needs Assessment: Examine demographic, employment, and housing trends and conditions that affect the community's housing needs.
2. Evaluation of Past Performance: Review the prior Housing Element to measure progress in implementing policies and programs.
3. Housing Sites Inventory: Identify locations of available sites for housing development or redevelopment to ensure that there is adequate capacity to address the Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA).
4. Community Outreach and Engagement: Implement a robust community outreach and engagement program, with a particular focus on outreach to traditionally underrepresented groups.
5. Constraints Analysis: Analyze and recommend remedies for existing and potential governmental and nongovernmental barriers to housing development.
6. Policies and Programs: Establish policies and programs to fulfill the identified housing needs